- combining soft slabs, coils, pinching, and bisque molds to build functional forms
- how to use terra sigillata, slips, and underglazes together on the same surface
- throwing large forms and drastically altering them to create fresh ideas
- composite throwing: combining various pieces together to create one vessel
- extreme handles: thrown, pulled, and handbuilt handles
- how to cut out stencils to create pictures using the functional clay form as a canvas
- and, a whole lot more!
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
Applications are open to all ceramicists and visual artists from across the world. We are looking for emerging or midcareer artists who will benefit from the explorative possibilities of working with Cotto’s staff, dialogue and bonding between residents and Cotto’s community of artists, and access to Cotto’s professional ceramic studio.
Successful applicants will be chosen based on the quality of their past work, investigative merits of their proposed project and viability of their participation.
Successful artists must be available for travel to Lima, for their ten-week residency period. Cotto offers four residency periods within 2018:
1. Monday 15th January 2018 – Sunday 25th March 2018
2. Monday 9th April 2018 – Sunday 17th June 2018
3. Monday 9th July 2018 – Sunday 16th September 2018
4. Monday 1st October 2018 – Sunday 9th December 2018
Full Details here: residency.cottodesigns.com