Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre and Daugavpils Clay Art Centre invite artists to participate in the 4th International Ceramic Art Symposium “CERAMIC LABORATORY” organized in the framework of Rothko Centre’s Residence Program.
Within the framework of the “CERAMIC LABORATORY”, inspired by Latvian
nature, cultural space and personal experiences, participants are
invited to create unique works of ceramic art using their selected
material and equipment, at the same time adhering to a unifying theme,
which is associated with experimenting. Symposium implies a joint
development of a kind of laboratory where artists can experiment and
share their experiences. Through the selection of participants of the
Symposium, the advantage will be given to artists who will hold a master
class and / or an open lecture on ceramics or ceramic technology, which
will later be published in the following catalogue of the symposium.
Aim of the symposium: To create unique contemporary ceramic artworks, developing an international communication platform in the field of ceramic art.
Place and time of the symposium: Daugavpils, Latvia, August 5-20, 2016
Participants of the symposium: 15 professional artists will
take part in the symposium. The selection of participants will be
competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials
(application form, CV, and visual information which satisfies the below
Selection committee of the symposium participants:
- Covering of the residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils);
- Symposium’s opening exhibition;
- Final symposium exhibition.
- Covering of the travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of an artwork from the opening exhibition to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre;
- Donation of at least two artworks created during the symposium to Daugavpils Clay Art Centre.
Applications have to be submitted electronically to e-mail email@example.com till March 7, 2016
- APPLICATION FORM;
- Presentation materials on artistic activity: portfolio (at least 7
images of artworks created during previous 3 years). Other informative
materials in electronic format can be attached (catalogues, postcards
The symposium organizers will consider applications and send invitations to the 4th International Ceramic Art Symposium till March 15, 2016.
Applications submitted after March 7, 2016 will not be assessed.
Confirmation of participation:
The invited participants confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation, but no later than March 20, 2016