Entry deadline ($45 fee) is Friday, September 14, 2018.
Extended deadline ($65 fee) is Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in applying to Craft Forms 2018. The exhibition will run from December 7, 2018 to January 26, 2019 and will be held at Wayne Art Center, 413 Maplewood Avenue, Wayne, PA, 19087, 610-688-3553, craftforms.org.
Juror – Perry Allen Price, Executive Director, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston, Texas
Wayne Art Center is pleased to welcome Perry Allen Price, Executive Director of Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, Houston, Texas, as the juror for the Craft Forms 2018 exhibition.
Perry Price is the Executive Director of the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Previously, Price was director of education at the American Craft Council (ACC) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where he developed, managed and implemented all aspects of local and national outreach and programming for nearly four years. He offers HCCC a wealth of experience in arts administration, including project and fiscal management, fundraising, scholarship programs and exhibitions, as well as a passion for developing and fostering national relationships in the world of contemporary craft.
During his tenure at ACC, Price grew the organization’s awards program, establishing the Emerging Voices Award and expanding the School to Market initiative to all ACC shows. He also redefined the council’s speaker series, symposia, and conference platforms and wrote a number of articles for American Craft magazine. Prior to his position at ACC, Price worked in several museums and cultural institutions, including The Baltimore Museum of Art, Fenimore Art Museum, Robert Hull Fleming Museum, and Fuller Craft Museum, where he was curator of exhibitions and collections. He holds a MA in museum studies from the Cooperstown Graduate Program: State University of New York at Oneonta and the New York State Historical Association and a BA in history of art from The Johns Hopkins University.
Price will judge the work based on its technique, design, concept, originality and craftsmanship. It is important to submit professional high quality images as detailed in the image upload directions.
- Open to all professional artists working in clay, fiber, quilt, glass, metal, jewelry, wood, 3D printing, and/or mixed media fine craft.
- Work submitted must be innovative and original in design. Work derivative of other artists or work created in a workshop with the aid of an instructor is not acceptable.
- Works submitted must have been completed after January 1, 2016. If the work was accepted into a previous Craft Forms exhibitions, this work CANNOT be re-submitted for this or future Craft Forms.
- Collaborative work is accepted. Please include all artists’ names on the on-line application.
- Please contact Wayne Art Center if the artist has an excessively large and/or complex installation. Additional expense will be incurred by the artist if artwork requires carpentry, special surface treatment to gallery walls or a custom built pedestal/armature or specific installation request.
- No accepted work may be picked up before the closing of the exhibition.
- Artwork must be available for sale during the length of the exhibition..
- If artwork is sold during the jurying acceptance process, the Wayne Art Center will retain 40% of the retail price.
- Do not apply to Craft Forms with same submitted work of art if artist is applying to another show simultaneously.
- Work damaged in shipping or hand delivery may not be presented based on extent of deterioration. Artist will be contacted immediately by Wayne Art Center if damage is recorded.
- Withdrawal of accepted work by the artist prior to the exhibition will result in exclusion from exhibiting at Wayne Art Center for the following year (2019).
- Crates or extra-large boxes must arrive on a straight truck (24’ trucks are the max capacity for the Wayne Art Center property). No tractor trailers are permitted on the property. Artist or Gallery delivery instructions must state that the shipment must be delivered into the building premises (no exterior deliveries can be accepted). Crates or extra-large boxes cannot exceed 300 lbs. and must be moveable with a hand-dolly. No fork lifts or loading docks are available to receive or to return ship crates and extra-large boxes. All delivery boxes and crates CANNOT exceed 55” width x 75” height x 55” length. If shipping container is larger than these measurements, artwork delivery will be refused.
- All artwork submitted online to Craft Forms must be available for the entire duration of the jurying process and show. If the piece is accepted to both Craft Forms and a simultaneously running show, the piece must only be exhibited in Craft Forms. Please double check submission dates of all shows in order not to have overlapping dates.
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the requirements. Shipped work that differs from work accepted from digital submission will be disqualified. All accepted work must have proper identification.
Our efforts to cultivate organizations that acknowledge artists in various disciplines are ongoing. We are very pleased to announce $8,000+ in prize awards this year. Craft Forms 2018 Juror, Perry Allen Price, will select the award winners on December 7, 2018.
Once an artist is accepted into Craft Forms, future group and/or solo exhibition opportunities may become available at Wayne Art Center.
An abbreviated catalog of artwork will document the juried exhibition and two copies will be supplied to accepted artists.
Full details here: www.craftforms.org/call-for-entries/