The organizers of the Panevezys International Ceramic Symposium invite artists to apply for participation in the 2012 symposium. The symposium concludes with the installation of each participant’s outdoor sculpture and an exhibition of the work produced during the symposium. The participants will be required to donate 3 pieces of artwork: one (large) outdoor sculpture which will be installed in the Gallery Sculpture Garden and 2 smaller pieces which will become part of the Civic Gallery and the sponsors’ art collections. All other works are the property of the artist.
ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS
The Panevezys Civic Art Gallery, Ceramics Company UAB Midene, The Panevezys City Council, and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania.
TIME AND LOCATION
July 2 to August 4, 2012; in the City of Panevezys, Lithuania.
* Twelve artists will be invited.
* All participants pay their travel expenses to and from the Vilnius International Airport (VNO).
* The participants should have health insurance and bring any necessary medication, including over-the–counter brands, as those items may not be available in Lithuania.Application materials must include the following:
- Completed application form, APPLICATION FORM (*.doc)>>
- A sketch or plan for a proposed outdoor ceramic sculpture (maximum base 1×1 m),
- Slide or photo portfolio with a minimum of 10 artworks (need not be large scale),
– Application must be received by February 15, 2012.
– Notification of acceptance (or regrets) will be sent out in March.
Send applications to:
Jolanta Lebednykienė, Director
Panevezys Civic Art Gallery
LITHUANIAFind more details here.
Tel./Fax: (country: 370, city: 45) 584802