featuring many more artists than shown above
The gallery will be donating 20% of all sales
Here’s a great opportunity to get something for yourself,
buy some handmade holiday gifts and support a great organization.
You’ll also be supporting working artists.
How can you go wrong?!
210 State Street – Saint Joseph, Michigan 49085
Read the whole article on the status of American Craft Artists’ over at: craftemergency.org/outreach/reports_and_findings/cerf_research/sustaining_income
And make sure to add your voice to the conversation.
I thought this was interesting being that it’s tax time and I have to go through my numbers from the last year. No comment as to where I would place….I personally would like to see a hands up as to who is that 3% in the emerging category that’s bringing in 100k + : )
Now I’m off to see if I can find a Canadian comparison. Anyone know of one?
Not only can you develop your skills, you can support CERF+ at the same time!
A Conference Dedicated to Handbuilding with Clay
• Handbuilding, Slip Decorating, Underglaze Inlay, Slip and Brushwork, among other Surface Decorating Techniques
• A Wealth of Practical Techniques, Tips & Advice
• “Philadelphia Clay” Exhibition of Philadelphia Studio Potters
• An Open Dialogue with the Presenters
• Slide Presentations, Sources of Inspiration, Pots
• Tools, Books, Community, & Building New Friendships
This is a demonstration only format. Video projectors will be used for best viewing from any seat.
To be Held at Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell, PA
(A suburb of Philadelphia)
The Exhibition “Philadelphia Clay” is sponsored by The Clay Club of Montgomery County Community College.
By participating in this
conference you are making a difference by helping CERF+ with their
mission to support Craft Artists with many aspects of their professional
REGISTRATION FEE: $250 (early registration by August 1, 2013)
(Registration Fee after August 1st is $295)
Registration Includes all Conference Activities and Lunch on Saturday & Sunday.
Organized by Sandi Pierantozzi in conjunction with Montgomery County Community College
Want to know more? Find out all the details and view the demonstrators bios here.
The Mary Lou Zeek Gallery
, located in Salem OR, is looking for potters to donate a plate to their “Hundred Artists” show. The proceeds will go to CERF+
, so the organization can continue their fantastic work helping craft artists deal with crises. Some of the details:
- plates should be approximately 12 inches in diameter
- accepted work will be on display in the gallery and online at their site for the month of February, 2011
- donated plates will be for sale through a silent auction
- in conjunction with the show, the gallery will create a “100 Artists Show” book, including an image of each piece and an artist’s statement
For more information, email the gallery at: zeekgallery (at) qwestoffice (dot) net.