Montgomery College (Maryland), Rockville Campus, is seeking a full-time Art faculty member to fill an Art Ceramics position beginning Spring 2018. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach 3 studio courses in Ceramics per semester, including Ceramics I; Ceramics II; Studio Practicum-Ceramics; Individualized Art Workshop-Ceramics.
- Coordinate and manage the Ceramics studio facility, oversee the supply and equipment budget, order and inventory supplies, and hire and oversee adjunct faculty in the Ceramics area. These responsibilities will include weekend hours during peak kiln firing schedules.
- Design, fabricate, install, maintain, and repair equipment for the Ceramics studio, including 3 kilns.
- Oversee and insure that required studio safety protocols are followed and maintain required records to comply with State and Federal safety guidelines
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to the discipline.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees, and take an active role in advising students and supporting Art department promotional initiatives.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
Find out more here: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000378555-01