The Craft Australia Research Centre is seeking contributions for 2009 on the theme – Cross cultural exchanges in craft and design. We invite papers that interrogate cross-cultural practices, communicate the breadth of activity across cultural exchanges, and establish a dialogue between practice and policy for a rich and sustainable culture. We particularly welcome articles from authors who are involved in inter or trans-disciplinary research as it relates to the broad fields of contemporary craft and design practice.
Areas for consideration in this theme include:
* Tourism and museums as a driver for innovative cross cultural practice
* The role of design and manufacture in cross cultural engagement
* Innovation for social and cultural sustainability
* The impact of government policies on cultural sustainability
* Mentoring between communities
* The internet and the global market for Indigenous craft and design
Deadline for submissions: 30 June 2009.
Email papers to firstname.lastname@example.org
See website for more info and authors guidelines.