Our yearlong Ceramics and Printmaking Residency programs are designed to provide a supportive environment for emerging artists to immerse themselves in creating new work and expand on their area of expertise. Ideal candidates should have an MFA in ceramics or printmaking, and be able to work independently as well as in a community setting. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrated artistic excellence as well as interest in experimentation and innovative techniques. These year-long residencies begin August 1, 2017.
Applications DUE April 15th
- A private studio and 24-hour access to all studios (ceramic, print, digital media, metals, photo, drawing studios, and a wood shop) and studio equipment
- $1,000 per month stipend
- Housing for one year. House is furnished and shared with other year-round artists-in-residence and short term visiting artists
- $1000 per year in dental care
- $500 honorarium to attend a professional conference
- An exhibition of new work
- Additional teaching and other opportunities for extra income available
- Teach a minimum of two classes per session x 4 sessions = 8 classes per year
- Work 15 hours/week on studio upkeep (ceramics or printmaking)
- Community outreach in the form of presentations, workshops, and events
APPLICATIONS DUE APRIL 15TH:
- Artist Statement
- Letter of Intent
- 10-15 work samples in a digital portfolio
- 3 recommendations
- $35 application fee
Lawrence Arts Center
940 New Hampshire St.
Lawrence, KS 66044
12-month Residency Program
The primary goal of the Carbondale Clay Center’s Residency Program is to provide emerging ceramic artists time and space to develop a body of work that will take them to the next level in their careers while gaining important technical skills and teaching experience. The focus is on creative development and defining one’s artistic voice and individual statement.
There are three residency programs that run for a 12-month period of time (September 1–August 31). A residents will have opportunity to apply for a second year based on their first year of participation. Residents will share a semi-private studio space and 24/7 access to the Carbondale Clay Center. Residents can expect to be mentored by experienced, talented ceramic artists who are part of the vibrant Carbondale Arts community. Please download and read a copy of the Resident Artist Handbook prior to applying for this residency. It will give you a greater understanding of the experience, expectations and requirements of a CCC artist resident.
Application for Residency
Application Deadline(not postmarked): April 7, 2017
Applicants advised by May 1, 2017
Email materials to email@example.com or send to:
Carbondale Clay Center
135 Main St.
Carbondale, CO 81623
- Application form including the outlined list of materials (click here to download)
- $30 application fee (checks payable to the Carbondale Clay Center, or click our Buy Now button below to pay online)
Feel free to call or email with questions: 970-963-2529 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Salt Spring Arts Council (SSAC) and the Artist in Residence steering
committee are pleased to announce the second year of the Artist in
Residence (AiR) Program on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia.
Artist in Residence (AiR) Program provides an opportunity for artists to
work in the vibrant arts environment of Salt Spring Island. The program
is open to all professionals working in the arts, in any genre or
medium, at any stage of their careers. AiR encourages applications from
artists of diverse cultural and regional backgrounds. The intent is to
provide the time and space for creativity and productivity and to
introduce visiting artists to Salt Spring Island and its arts
will be awarded based on available facilities, potential links to the
Salt Spring community, collaborative opportunities and artistic merit.
Applications for the AiR program can be submitted on or before April 15, 2017 for tenure between October 2017 and April 2018.
Salt Spring looks forward to welcoming the winner of the second Salt Spring National Art Prize to be announced October 21, 2017. See www.saltspringartprize.ca
AiR program invites artists to ‘Come, share the experience” and engage
with the creative cultural community of Salt Spring Island.
Full details of all the awesome opportunities online here.
CITY OR COUNTRYSIDE!!
Choose our city residency and live and work in the historical center of Rome,
just a few blocks from the Roman forum, Pantheon or Colosseum.
Bramante’s Tempietto pictured here is just a stroll across the Tiber to
Or opt for our countryside residency near the Lake of Bracciano and the
Medieval town of Anguillara. The house and studio in a tranquil garden
setting is just a half-hour walk from the train station where you can
catch a train into the center of Rome.
offer artist residencies for ceramic artists, visual artists and
writers for periods of 4 or 5 weeks. The residency periods can be
combined, but the residency cannot exceed 90 days (for non-EU
citizens). Both residencies conclude with a final group show in our Rome center gallery space.
To apply, please submit the following by e-mail to email@example.com by 1 March for summer 2017 residencies. We also consider applications on a rolling basis on the 1st of every month:
- application form https://cretarome.wufoo.com/forms/m18h6lh10iwgpi5/
- curriculum vitae
- artist statement (250 words max)
- project proposal (500 words max)
- preferred residency period
- 10 images (jpeg or pdf), image list with year, materials & dimensions
- 4 short writing samples (writers and poets)
YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR THE FALL 2017 residency periods:
deadline 1 May 2017 (5 weeks unless noted)
10 AUGUST-13 SEPTEMBER
14 SEPTEMBER-18 OCTOBER
19 OCTOBER-22 NOVEMBER
23 NOVEMBER-20 DECEMBER (4 weeks)