Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Heath, Los Angeles
Heath Ceramics is a 60-year-old manufacturer of classic, high-end dinnerware and architectural tile. We are a family owned company of approximately 85 people driven by the goal of continuing the traditions of locally manufactured, handcrafted products with a design heritage
Clientele ranges from architects and designers to chefs, design savvy shoppers, out-of-towners and bargain shoppers. An important part of selling our product is telling the Heath story – a rich tradition of design and craftsmanship, along with a dedication to established pottery techniques and local manufacturing in the Bay Area. This position is perfect for anyone that appreciates fine craftsmanship, supports local manufacturing and enjoys educating and assisting the public.
The Assistant Store Manager will work in partnership with the Retail Manager to promote a quality sales and customer service driven environment. Acting as a leader, you will work to achieve or exceed sales goals, fulfill all operational requirements, prevent inventory loss and assure each customer receives a positive store/brand experience as a role model and through coach and mentoring the team. Assist Retail Manager in effectively managing store operations, maintain appropriate inventory levels and merchandising standards.
• In Partnership with the Retail Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for a staff of 3-6 sales associates and the day to day operations of the store.
• Ensure team provides an exceptional customer store experience at all times firstly through leading by example then supporting the team through coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrate the ability to motivate and influence others through actions and example and to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
• Maintain presence through effective floor management and ensure staff coverage in all areas of the store at all times.
• Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules and daily agendas to meet business goals. Hold team accountable to achieving goals.
• In partnership with the Retail Manager, manage store-operating procedures i.e., inventory levels and cash control to minimize store losses. Be prepared to act quickly and decisively in situations where there is unexplained loss and partner with Retail Manager to ensure appropriate action is taken.
• Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in opening and closing.
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
• -In partnership with the Retail Manager, monitor company assets through accurate inventory procedures.
• Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.-Lead by example and ensure associates comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to think through complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and selecting qualified candidates to build a talent pipeline that achieves current and future business goals.
• Develop associates to assume increased levels of responsibility. Commitment to achieving and exceeding sales targets.
• Demonstrate effective communication, organization and leadership skills at all times.
• Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
• Availability to work closing shift a minimum of three times per week, minimum of three Saturdays per month and two Sundays per month, annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
This is a salaried position with benefits paid at 100%
Minimum 3 years team management, ideally in specialty retail. Have proven track record of managing staff to meet and exceed all company sales and operational goals.
Ideally experience in design, and/or homewares retailing.
College degree preferred
Strong communication skills: written and verbal
For more information on Heath Ceramics, visit www.heathceramics.com
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
HEATH CERAMICS is an equal opportunity employer
Compensation: Salary DOE