Published on Jan 13, 2014
Take a peek at the exciting stories
coming up in the February-March issue of American Craft magazine,
including gorgeous tabletop ceramics, flameproof cookware, the best of
Baltimore Crafts, and an provocative essay about what craft can learn
from the local food movement.http://craftcouncil.org/magazine
Membership ONE MONTH SPECIAL ending December 15th
We “Like” you back!
To show it, we’re offering you $20 off a one year membership.
Centered in studio practice, The Studio Potter promotes discussion
of technology, criticism, aesthetics, and history within the ceramics
The beauty of its design and the vitality of its content have given
inspiration and pleasure, information and ammunition, to its readers for
more than 40 years. Over eighty issues comprise both a historical
archive and a comprehensive resource that continues to serve the field.
In recognition of the community the journal encompasses, in 2009 we
changed to a membership organization. This framework, which underscores
connection and shared purpose, actually represents a return to SP’s
original mission and a realignment with its nonprofit structure. We
invite readers to participate in Studio Potter as members. Members will
enjoy the following benefits and, most importantly, will be supporting
Studio Potter’s unique legacy and promising future:
- Two 96 page issues of The Studio Potter journal
- One free back issue. view all issues here
- Discounted price on available back issues
- Members-only access to “limited” back issues, while they last
- Receipt of the SP electronic newsletter
- Access to online versions of select back issues and articles (an ongoing project)
To be considered, please submit the following by June 30, 2011:
• Up to five professional-quality digital images (300 ppi resolution on CD) and complete descriptions
of each work submitted
• A full-size color print (as large as the image will print at 300 ppi) of each image. Images should print to
at least five (5) inches in the smallest dimension; because accepted entries are printed, larger is better.
• Full contact information including e-mail
• 500 words discussing the body of work you are submitting
• Instructor name(s) and contact information
• Institution at which you study
Undergraduate Showcase | Ceramics Monthly | 600 N. Cleveland Ave. | Suite 210 | Westerville, OH | 43082
Arrival deadline: June 30, 2011
Do not submit materials in binders or folders. E-mailed submissions and submissions of more than five images will not be considered. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Due to the volume of submissions, we are unable to acknowledge receipt of materials.
Notification via e-mail will be sent by the end of July. Please, no phone calls.
Do you know a deserving undergraduate? Do they need a nudge?
Pass this along and help them get the recognition they deserve.
Open to all undergraduate students
enrolled in ceramics classes at accredited post-secondary
educational institutions, including 2011 graduates.
Closing date: 1 March 2010
The Art & Australia Contemporary Art Award is an acquisitive prize open to Australian and New Zealand artists who are within the first five years of their professional practice. Four artists are selected annually with their work featured on the back cover of Art & Australia, accompanied by a profile of their practice. One work from one of the four artists is then purchased for the Art & Australia collection.
For more info